FeJellin

Readz

If reading were an Olympic sport, I would finally be sporty.

The Night Circus
Erin Morgenstern
Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature
Linda Lear
Shades of Grey: A Novel
Jasper Fforde

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail - Cheryl Strayed "The only way out of a hole is to climb out."

I say to myself, "No more memoirs!" but then, I'll read a review, and I fall hopelessy for another one. I really liked Wild. I like reading about adventures that I would never attempt - not in a million years. Her descriptions of the PCT were vivid - I could easily picture the mountains, the fields, the woods......the characters along the trail. In the end, I like how she captured that in our journey to self-disovery, where it can seem that it's all about finding a way out - that it's really more of a finding a way in.

Does she spend a lot of time ruminating about this or that? Does she do a lot of belly button gazing? Well, yeah - it is a memoir, after all, so of course there is a lot of ruminating and thinking and rehashing and inner reflection and what not. But isn't that to be expected from a memoir?

And, there's a random llama!

So I admit it, memoirs are my dirty little pleasure. I dig them. So there. And this one was well-written, insightful, and real.